
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year! I just found a few minutes to sit down and think about all that has happened in the last few days. We have been so blessed and are so thankful for all of our friends and family. We have had a great Holiday and are looking forward to the many events that are coming in the next few weeks.
Enough of that!!
So, I know you are dying to know the story so here it goes...
I am going to try to account for all of the flurry of activities that have happened in the last few days. Last weekend we went to Mississippi for a early Christmas celebration at Aunt Mandy's. We had a wonderful time, Aunt Mandy knows how to throw a party.. we had great food and tons of fun. David and Lauren love to play with their cousin "Baby" Griffin. The are like 3 little balls of fire running thru the house and chasing after each other. Griffin LOVES Lauren and follows her around like a puppy dog, it's quite adorable...
Which leads me to the story you have all be waiting for, (drum roll please) while we were in Mississippi the twins talked their way into staying at Mammaw and Pappaw's for a few days... So, the house was free for a few days to let Sugar Cookie adjust to her new home. I picked her up on Tuesday morning and brought her to the house. She was so calm and so sweet. She sniffed around and went straight to Lauren's room. When Benjamin came home he said, WOW she is really cute!! I have to say, she might be the cutest puppy on the planet. HEE HEE
So Wednesday Benjamin went to Grenada, Ms to pick up the kids and I hid all doggy related material in the back of my car.(Yes, even Sugar Cookie) When the kids came home Benjamin left with Sugar Cookie and stashed her at our friends Jessica's house for the rest of the day and night. Jessica took her to her family's Christmas Party were she was a big hit with everyone. They all said, she is the calmest dog ever!!! I KNOW!!
So after the kids went to bed Benjamin went and got Sugar Cookie and we kept her in our bed until morning, we tried to sleep but I was so scared the kids would wake up before Santa made his arrival that I don't think I slept all night.(Oh, and by the way Sugar Cookie did not make a peep all night!) I woke Benjamin up at 6 and said lets get this party started.. we set up the camera, the web cam (so my parents could see the activity of the morning) and put Sugar Cookie in her crate. I was hoping the whining would wake everyone up, but... she didn't whine...she just sat there! Again, the calmest dog ever!!!! So, we woke the kids up and David ran straight to the fireplace and said.... A DS!!! (DID NOT EVEN SEE THE DOG)... we let him enjoy his moment and then he turned around and said.... "SANTA, LAUUUUUURRRREEEEEEEEENNN... She came running out of her room and went straight for the crate and said "AWWWW Sugar Cookie" and sat next to the crate and kept saying look it's Sugar Cookie over and over! It had to be the best moment ever, they were both so happy. As my Mom said "That's going to be hard to top." So here are some pictures to go along with the story...










Let's just say their has been a PERMANENT SMILE on both David and Lauren's faces all day and night. What a wonderful Christmas. I hope you and your family had the same. Blessings to all!
-Stephanie



No comments:
Post a Comment