Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So, We went to see the Globe Trotters and all we cared about were the stinkin NACHO's.

I try really hard to do things with both David and Lauren on an individual basis. I plan things that I know they would really like to do. David is a tough one, he LOVES to be at home. We go out to eat and he says "Can we go home now". We leave school headed for the park. I get, "I just wanna go home, Mommy". If you have ever heard Benjamin tell the story of us going to Disney World 2 years ago then you would understand my little buddy. He is so sweet and so loving. The boy just loves his home! So, anyway... I planned a Sunday afternoon with David, Craig (his buddy) and Craig's mom Cindy. *(I too was just as excited to hang out with them)*

Our plan was set, we were going to see the Globe Trotters. What boy wouldn't want to see a bunch of silly basketball players who have been on SCOOBY DO!! We had talked about them for days. David kept calling them the "Glob" Trotters. Craig was excited to have nachos. He had been to the Fed Ex forum a few times to see a Memphis game. Well, then David was excited about the Nachos. So, we drove down town. Parked in the FedEx garage. David proudly announced... MY DADDY WORKS FOR FED EX!!
We got their a little early so they boys had a great time YELLING in the parking garage. ECHO ECHO ECHO. We went in found our way around and then..... there they were the Nachos!!!! David and Craig wanted chips and cheese. Cindy and I went for the Neely's BBQ Chicken Nachos. YUmmmmmY! After we figured out how to carry 4 nachos and 4 drinks while 2 boys were running around like monkeys. We finally made it to our seats. The boys and Mommy's were in heaven! We ate and ate and ate. We finished before the "game" even started! So, the game started and Globby was a big hit. The players not so much. David started with the typical statement of "Can we go home now?" Both boys were in Nacho coma's! They were not the least interested in the game or the silly stuff they were doing. Cindy and I kept looking at each other like OMG... this is terrible. Then, Craig said "Can we go to your house David?" We were shocked! So... we said, let's go! So, we left. We made it thru halftime. The boys were just not interested.

Here are some pictures of our "FUN" time with the boys!







1 comment:

Michelle said...

the glob trotters are coming to Topeka and I was thinking abby would love it but if it's just nachos that she'd want it would save me a heck of a lot of money so guessing I might skip it :)

Well at least you tried...and you have pictures to prove it so when David is 16 and accuses you of never doing stuff with him you'll have all the proof you need, LOL!

Miss you - hey I'll be in Wichita in June (25, 26, 27) any chance you'll be there...would LOVE to see you!